Sunday, 30 October 2011

#Quadblogging 4 House Rules

We also thought it might be interesting to compare the kind of rules our parents and carers expect us to follow or the expectations they have of us.

Charlotte tells us... Around my house I  do many jobs which I don't have to do but I like to help my mum and dad out. Normally at the moment I have to go out to the wood shed and gather piles and piles of wood to put on the fire because at the moment my dad is on crutches because he had an operation on his foot.

Also I have to take  my two dogs Tess and Maisie a walk every day and take the recycling to the village hall where there are some special bins.This is quite close to my house but I dont like doing this job because it takes quite along time and it can get very cold and rainy.Although I love my dogs I dont like making their tea which is my last job I have to do. The main reason is because one of my dogs is quite old which means she has to take quite a lot of tablets which take along time to sort out and put in her tea because you have to disguise them so she doesn't know she is  eating them because she hates them!!


Hannah writes...At my home I have to participate in a number of household jobs. For starters I have to wash the dishes every night (this is the main job that I have to do in my house) with help from my older brother Alex. This job also means that we must clear the table and tidy the kitchen after we have washed up.
Another job we are asked to do is to keep our bedrooms tidy however my brother is not good at this and his room is usually a tip. My room on the other hand is tidy and just occasionally needs to be vacuumed.
Other jobs that we do is if my parents ask me to do  something, such as going to the shops or help tidy a room, then we must try to do this job.
We are rewarded by every month getting pocket money in to our bank accounts and as we get older the more we get witch I think is very fair.

Finally, what do you think of Katie's house rules?

At home the rules I follow are, that my room is clean and tidy at all times this, I do this by having to make sure I put all my washing away that my shoes are put back in the box and make sure nothing is left on the floor, also I must make sure that all glasses and cups and plates are removed from my room.
This leads me to another rule that I must put everything I use away after I have used them and turn the off electrical thing after use.
Finally I must make sure that when I go out my mum knows where abouts I am planning on going and who I will be with and I must always have my phone with me.


5 comments:

  1. Great topic and some very detailed pieces of writing!

    Charlotte - disguising dog tablets sounds tricky! How exactly do you manage it?

    Hannah - Your description reminds me of what I had to do for my pocket money. The only difference was that I don't think I ever got my room as tidy!

    Katie - The electrical rule is a very sensible one! I'm trying to teach my children to tidy up after themselves, but not having much luck at the moment (the oldest is only four though, so I may be asking a bit much!)

    That brings me on to another question - at what age did you start doing jobs around the house for your parents?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These paragraphs are very good and very detailed so it tells us alot about your jobs and a bit about your life style at home.

    Charlotte: It sounds like you are very helpfull at home. Do you get any pocket money for doing your jobs at home?

    Hannah: Your paragraph is very detailed and it sounds like you do many jobs.If it wasn't a job would you keep your room tidy? Do you do the hoovering in your room?

    Katie: Your paragraph is very good and it sounds like obey the house rules well.As like me if i go out i need to take my phone to.Do you go out alot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started doing jobs for my parents when I was 7.I onlyhad todo smalljobs like behavour, but now I have do more jobs since my parents feelI am moture enough.The jobs I usually have to do are clean the kitchen table and emptythe bin. However I don't enjoy emptying the binas it smells and you fell horrible. Joe Longden, BBEC YEAR 9.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also have to clean the dishes and tidy the kitchen, but i dont have any body to help me(it doesnt take long for me!). i started to do jobs when i was around the age of 8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have jobs too but i would never get my room as tidy as you hannah.I have to do the washing up too but i only do it when my dad works late so i don't do it as much as you but i have to do it on my own. There are only 4 people living in my house so there is not as much to do.

    We don't have the electric rule at home but i think i would be good because you would save electricity.But i also think it would be hard to do as i always leave the lights on at home by accident of course.So i think your rule is really great katie.

    Charlotte i have a dog too she is called Storm. She has to have tablets too i have to empty the content into her bowl and get rid of the case what do you do with you dogs tablets?

    That brings me to a question how much pocket money do you get a week or month?

    Megan Lowe :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to receive comments and try to moderate them promptly. If you choose to sign in as anonymous please let us know who you are in the body of the comment.