Sunday, 18 September 2011

WORK EXPERIENCE 2011


Just before we broke up for summer, I spent two weeks on a work experience placement at Wallwork Nelson and Johnson, an accounting firm near Preston Docks. I found it very enjoyable but it wasn’t quite what I expected. I was given actual clients accounts to update to this year and was doing actual accounting work rather than a model.

When looking for a placement, I wasn’t really sure where to start. My favourite subjects are Science and Maths so when my mum’s friend suggested I went to the accountants where her husband worked, I sent in my form to get the insurance signed off. I had also sent applications to other places such as a solicitors’ office in case it didn’t work out.

Going on work experience has shown me what it is like to work in an accountants’ office. I was surprised at how much the computer is used for and how little is hand written Maths. It really opened my eyes to how different the job was to my expectations.  

BY Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to receive comments and try to moderate them promptly. If you choose to sign in as anonymous please let us know who you are in the body of the comment.